Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Game Plan

I really like that movie! I'm not talking about the movie though, I'm talking about making a game plan to help us succeed this summer & in life!

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed.
~Proverbs 15:22

So I had an idea one time that I thought was going to be the best thing since sliced bread!!! I had it all in my head, and I knew that it was going to be successful, but the problem was that it stopped in my head. I never made plans to see it through, and I never wrote it down. Word of wisdom for the summer: "WRITE IT DOWN!" Carry around something to write on: notebook, sticky notes, calendar, etc... Oh, and don't forget something to write with: pencil, pen, crayon, colored pencil, lipstick (ok...I'm getting carried away), etc... We must have a plan, then we must know the plan, then we must act on the plan. Bottom line...PLAN TO PLAN!!! What's your plan for the summer? What's your plan to grow spiritually? What's your plan to grow in relationships? Write it down, then half way through the summer get those plans back out, and see how God has provided the tools to make those plans become reality. The scripture says, plans fail because of lack of counsel. In other words, a failing plan is one with no direction. Have an idea of what you're trying to achieve, then get direction for it. First from God, then from others you trust (i.e. your pastor, youth pastor, parents, family, teacher, friend, Summershine AD & AAD's, etc.). I think we just added another P to our motto for the summer! PRAY...PLAN...PREPARE...PEAK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment